If you’re over fifty and buying real estate, your questions and needs are likely very different than the ones you had at age thirty. You may be downsizing, looking for a place to eventually retire, or buying an investment property while selling another. Perhaps you’re wondering if you’re a good candidate for a reverse mortgage. Or you may be thinking about the tax implications of selling your existing home. Whatever your concerns, they are likely being influenced by your stage in life and require specialized understanding of these issues.
As a designated SRES® (Senior Real Estate Specialist), Marie has received supplemental education on topics such as tax laws, probate, estate planning, equity conversion strategies, and can offer you relevant information on current market trends as well as valuable resources regarding real estate transactions.
If you’re looking for a real estate professional who can respond to your specific, 50+ real estate needs, contact Marie for the expertise you deserve.
Below are links to resources and news articles that are of particular interest to buyers aged 50+. This section is continually updated and the articles are hand-picked for this audience. If you wish to be added to our mailing list, please complete our contact form. We will automatically notify you when new information is available.
- U.S. Department of Housing (HUD) Reverse Mortgage Website
- Basic Reverse Mortgage Q&A
- Overview of 1031 Exchanges
- 1031 Exchange FAQ
- Retirement 101: How to Figure Out What You’ll Need
- Haven’t Saved Enough for Retirement?
- 5 Retirement Mistakes That Will Haunt You
- 5 Retirement Mistakes Boomers Should Avoid
- Reverse Mortgages Here to Stay
- Credit Tips for Retirees and Empty Nesters
- Divorce Over 50: 3 Mistakes to Avoid